Following Gov. Mills’ announcement of a phased plan to reopen the state, we plan to slowly reopen Southern Maine Orthodontics beginning June 1.
As we begin the process of reopening, I want to assure our patients’ and their families that we are closely following the recommendations of the state, Centers for Disease Control, American Dental Association and American Association of Orthodontists.
Our community’s safety is our top priority. To ensure the safety of our patients, their families and our team we will be continuing to follow strict universal precautions & sterilization methods. In addition, we will be making changes to our office and our appointment process.
These changes include:
- Increased levels of personal protective equipment used by our clinical team including face shields, n95 & level 3 surgical masks and disposable gowns to be used during procedures that generate aerosols (procedures using handpieces)
- Enhanced methods of intraoral suction to capture aerosols produced during procedures requiring the use of handpieces (bracket, attachment & appliance removal)
- Placement of HEPA filters in our reception area, consult room and clinical areas
- Installation plexiglass barriers between office chairs
- Patient & office personnel temperature and symptom screening prior to entering the office
- Any temperature above 100.4 ˚F or symptoms (ie cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell) will require the appointment to be rescheduled
- Team members with fever or respiratory symptoms will not be allowed to work
- Covid-19 health screening form. We ask that patients/parents complete & provide this form prior to your appointment.
- We ask that parents and families wait in their vehicles to limit the number of people in the office at any given time.
- Please call or text the office to inform us of your arrival (207) 358-3366
- We will text you when you or your child is ready to be seen and we will greet your child in the foyer
- At the completion of the appointment, we will escort your child to your car & contact you to arrange your/their next appointment
- Please contact us ahead of your appointment if a special exception needs to be made
- We ask that patients wear a mask or face covering while they are in the office and not receiving treatment.
- Our brushing station will be closed and we ask that patients brush & floss before their appointments.
- We ask that our patients arrive at their scheduled appointments on time. Due to the new protocols put in place, we may have to reschedule patients who arrive late to their appointment.
- Please also be advised we are limiting braces removal appointments for the end of the day.
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we move forward. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Christopher A Murphy DMD, MDS