Invisalign Teen – A Smart Alternative for Teens and Parents
Does your teen need braces? Are they worried about how they will look and feel? Are you worried about the cost and co-operation during sensitive Teen years?
A great option for everyone is to choose Invisalign Teen, a revolutionary alternative to straighten teeth which offers many advantages over traditional braces at a comparable cost.
Advantages of Invisalign Teen
Rather than using wires and brackets that make Teens self-conscious during orthodontic treatment, Invisalign Teen uses custom-made plastic aligners that are:
Nearly undetectable when inserted
Much less painful and can be removed when eating and playing sports
Systematically changed to move teeth. Custom aligners are changed every two weeks
When used as recommended, Invisalign Teen is just as effective as traditional braces and capable of correcting issues ranging from the mild to the severe.
Top Five Most Frequently Asked Invisalign Teen Questions
1. Is Everyone Eligible for InvisalignTeen? – Most teens are eligible. Visit an orthodontist who has experience working with Invisalign Teen to evaluate if your child is a candidate.
2. How Long Does the Treatment Take? – The treatment time depends on the orthodontic issue being corrected, but in most cases, it is comparable or less than traditional braces.
3. How Much Does It Cost? – Again, the cost of Invisalign depends on the individual orthodontic issue and the orthodontist you visit. Fees are similar to traditional braces and many dental insurance providers offer coverage.
4. How long do you wear the Invisalign aligners each day and how often do you change them? Invisalign Teen is most effective when worn for 20 to 22 hours a day and aligners are changed every two weeks. Built-in indicators on the aligners help the orthodontist to determine if the patient is complying with instructions. If the patient is not following instructions as prescribed, it can compromise the end result.
5. What Happens if an Invisalign Teen Aligner Gets Lost? – If lost, inform your orthodontist immediately. You can temporarily go back to the last aligner to maintain your current result until the lost aligner can be replaced and treatment can resume. It is important not to skip to the next aligner with consulting your orthodontist first.
Contact Southern Maine Orthodontics for a Free Evaluation
Is Invisalign Teen right for your son or daughter? Does your insurance cover the cost? How soon can the treatment get started? Get all your questions answered by contacting our Scarborough ME office.
Teen Esteem…Every patient has their own reasons for deciding to undergo orthodontic treatment. For adolescents and teens, an image has always been a key factor in social integration and in today’s beauty conscious society, a beautiful smile is high on their list of priorities.
According to NBC TODAY – “Selfie Esteem” give teens a confidence boost and social media is the ideal platform to broadcast yourself to the world. “Even though that seems very simple, that’s an extraordinary shift, historically. “It’s the first time you get to be the photographer and the subject of the photograph,” says Pamela Rutledge, director of the Media Psychology Research Center. “Control makes people believe in themselves.”
65% of teenage girls reported that seeing their selfies on social media actually boosts their confidence.
40% of all teens say social media helps them present their best face to the world.
Busting Invisalign Myths…It can be a scary experience when you are given a referral to see an orthodontist or considering improving your smile. Braces are grounds for embarrassment for the self-conscious teen and the up-and-coming professional. Having a mouth full of metal to clean around, eat around, and live around can be daunting.
The option that many may overlook when searching for orthodontic treatment is Invisalign, the nearly invisible alternative to braces. Some people may write this treatment option off due to price or success rate – but we’re here to bust those Invisalign myths! Read More
Most people believe that a toothbrush is a toothbrush and that there really is no difference between them. Unfortunately, many people also underestimate the importance of good oral hygiene and the critical role it plays in your overall health. This is particularly true during orthodontic treatment. The Team at the orthodontic office of Lisa P. Howard DDS MS in Scarborough ME is setting the record straight. All toothbrushes are NOT alike. Read More
Invisalign…When it comes to taking care of your teeth and long-term dental health, a little knowledge goes a long way. The sooner you take care of orthodontic problems such as crowding, spacing, overjets, underbites, and crossbites… the better the chances of keeping your teeth and smile throughout your lifetime.
Did you know the average life expectancy today for men is 76 and women 81?
Maintaining healthy teeth and gums contributes to maintaining a good quality of life over the long haul. Research shows that loss of teeth, especially in later life, causes health issues that can affect how we function in later years.
“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
Depending on what stage you are in of orthodontic treatment, smiling may be the last thing you want to do. Whether you’re just starting with braces or Invisalign or near the very end, your confidence may have taken a tumble. With a new year comes a new mindset and we’ve got 8 reasons to expose your beautiful smile to the world in 2018:
1. Smiles are contagious. Studies have shown that people have a difficult time frowning when someone else is smiling at them. In fact, they couldn’t help but smile themselves. Make a habit throughout the year to compliment the people you meet with a smile and watch them pay it forward.Read More